Friday, November 22

Remembering Meade

Success is not measured by ambition, by achieving fame or money, being written about or recorded or even published in literature, rather success is measured in how we touch the lives of those around us.


I only knew Meade for the last 18 years.  He lived on the outskirts of Cupar.  He walked to the restaurant everyday for coffee with " the boys ".  He was a humble, quiet, unassuming man with kind eyes.  I knew he was a RCAF WWII Vet.
Although he was reluctant to discuss the war, he did let my husband, Darryl Miller, interview him for the video:
"I Remember"

What I did not know until his funeral was how active he was in the community, as a mayor, in the United Church, with the Legion, and with the curling rink.

It also became obvious at his funeral that he had a large and loving family.

 "Meade" Hugh McSweeney Feb. 1, 1922 - Nov. 16, 2013


I would like to thank Meade's daughter  for giving the Cupar museum a photo of Meade in his WWII uniform.  If there are any other Cupar families out there who have photos of family members from either WWI or WWII we would be happy to add them to our collection.

No comments: